Q & A: Meera wants a law on kindness
THERE are so many truly remarkable people in the Noosa region.
Each and every one of us has a lifetime of achievements, thoughts, beliefs and lessons learned.
The Q&A feature is an opportunity to showcase some of the exceptional people in our proud region.
This week we hear from passionate Noosa business owner Meera Miller.
1. What is something you really resent paying for?
I don't like paying for chlorinated water.
I should be collecting my own fresh water.
2. What is the best advice you ever received?
Stop making lists and just do it.
3. What do you do to relax?
I totally relax when I head off camping somewhere beautiful with my daughter and dog in the campervan. We like to go swimming in the creek, eating yummy food and then sitting by the fire.
4. What is one thing you would struggle to quit?
Dark Chocolate. The one with 90 per cent cocoa. I have tried it a few times. But let's be honest, the day is not complete without a piece of chocolate.
5. What do you wish you knew when you were younger?
To always embrace and appreciate good health.
6. What is the worst injury you've had and how did it happen?
In grade 8 I was trying to clean mud off my tyres with both feet, while riding my bike.
One foot got stuck in the spokes and I was flipped over the front of my bike.
I ended up breaking my hand. Cars had to go around me on the road as my friend couldn't get my foot out of the spokes.
7. What would your friends say is your worst habit?
Probably that I don't stop and slow down enough.
8. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
I have the most amazing daughter (Sequoya, 16) who has always been supportive and has helped me to adapt to living a life with a disability.
9. If you could write a new law, what would it be?
The Law of Kindness. To show acts of kindness to others, whether you know them or not. And to show kindness to all animals and prevent all cruelty.
10. What do you do when you have 30 minutes free? Ride my bike with my dog Bella running along beside me. She smiles which makes me smile.
Who would you like to see take part in our Q and A feature? Send contact details to matt.collins@ scnews.com. au or phone 5440 8030.