A man who allegedly slashed another with a knife in Kenilworth earlier in the year is believed to have fled the state.
A man who allegedly slashed another with a knife in Kenilworth earlier in the year is believed to have fled the state.

Man hits the road after pub carpark knife attack

A man who police say slashed another with a knife outside a Coast pub earlier this year is believed to have fled the state.

The incident, which unfolded in the carpark of the Kenilworth Hotel on February 8, left one person in hospital with a cut to the hand.

Kenilworth police officer-in-charge acting Sergeant Pierre Senekal said an arrest warrant had been issued but remained outstanding more than eight months on.

Sgt Senekal said the man, 43, did not have a Queensland address and was thought to have headed to New South Wales.

Young man’s fraudulent night out with lost bank card

Initial story: Person still at large after alleged wounding

“He was from out of the state and CCTV footage saw him leaving town shortly after the incident,” Sgt Senekal said.

Sgt Senekal said the attack arose from a fight in the carpark.

“He was seen loitering around the carpark of the hotel, close to the victim’s vehicle, and he tried to open the door,” he said.

“He then approached the victim and pushed him in the chest and the victim’s hand was sliced with blood coming out.

“A witness screamed that he (the man) had a knife.

“That’s when he ran off.”

The injured man was taken to Nambour General Hospital in a stable condition.