Christmas rush: 10 jobs you can apply for now at Noosa
With Noosa businesses gearing up to go gangbusters in the run up to Christmas, there is paid work for the taking including one executive assistant role paying up to $70,000.
Seek.com.au has in the past weeks listed around 2000 positions vacant within a 50 km radius of Noosa.
Many Noosa employment openings are in the hospitality and tourist stay sector, while others offer a real career change like Drysdale Funerals at Tewantin which has a position available for a trainee funeral arranger and conductor.
As of yesterday, Drysdale was yet to fill the full-time position but had done four to five interviews.
The Noosa North Shore Retreat which operates a 200-bed hotel is looking for new team members in the housekeeping department as well as hospitality to cater for the rush.
"We're coming into that Christmas and obviously with COVID there's quite a bit of trade, being that people can't travel overseas," a retreat spokeswoman said.
Julieta del Rio and Baltasar Solanilla are two 28-year-old Argentinians who spent eight months in Noosa last year and fell in love with the place.
"I already got a full time job in Noosa Heads in hospitality and Baltasar is going to work as labourer," Ms del Rio said.
10 Noosa job opportunities:
1. Executive assistant at Di Henshall Interior Design: Full-time job at Noosaville with a salary range of $55,000 - $69,999. Apply through Seek website.
2. Housekeepers at Noosa North Shore Retreat: Work is available over 7 days. Apply to email@example.com or call Michelle on 0488331534
3. Noosa dental assistant at The Orthodontic Practice: Full-time junior assistant to run infection control and sterilisation room. Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Administrative assistant/receptionist at NoosaCare Inc: Contract/temp job in Tewantin for three months. Call 5449 8799 or contact email@example.com
5. Casual retail assistant at Gazman Noosa in Hastings St: Availability to work for about 14 hours a week, with hours increasing over Christmas. Apply through Seek.
6. Client services and office assistant at Suncoast HR Services: Full-time job. Daily management of office administrative tasks. Apply through seek.com.au.
7. Asset management officer with Youturn Youth Support in Tewantin: Full-time job supporting local community programs. Applications close December 14, call 0408 581 594.
8. Funeral arranger and conductor InvoCare Australia Pty Ltd: Full-time at Tewantin trading as Drysdale Funerals. Contact invocare.com.au
9. Website and digital marketing co-ordinator at Boom Shankar of Noosaville: Full-time job. 38 hours a week negotiable. Apply through Seek.
10. Team leader for transition to work at The Busy Group in Noosaville: This is a contract/temp job to January 2022. Go to www.busyatwork.com.au/get-know-us/careers-at-busy