10 things to do on the Sunshine Coast this weekend
From an alternative coffee brewing class, an artistic skating show spectacular and an afternoon of food and wine by the lake, there’s plenty on offer on the Sunshine Coast this weekend.
Here are 10 things to do across the region. Place your own local event through the Daily’s interactive tool here.
Slow Food Noosa spring lunch
- From 11.30am, September 18
- View Restaurant Noosa
- Cost: $40 per person ($50 for non members)
- It’s time to shake off the winter lockdown and enjoy the best seasonal ingredients the region has to offer. Slow Food Noosa has lined up an afternoon with some of the region’s food producers and restaurants to talk about their COVID-19 experience, as well as a two-course lunch looking over Laguna Bay.
Pourover class at Groundskeeper Willie
- From 11.30am, September 18
- Groundskeeper Willie, Moffat Beach
- Cost: $20
- Learn how to do a pourover with the Groundskeeper Willie crew in this fun alternative coffee brewing workshop.
Currimundi Lake Twilight Market
- From 4pm, September 18
- Currimundi Lake Conservation Park
- The Currimundi Twilight Market runs on the third Friday of each month and is the ultimate locals hangout. With Your Mates pouring icy cold beer on tap, plus a few choice wines, it’s the perfect area to bring a picnic blanket and watch the sunset. The market is also a food lover’s dream, with up to 20 unique food stalls to choose from.
School holiday special deals at Timezone
- From September 16 to October 13
- Timezone, Horton Pde, Maroochydore
- Cost: From $50
- Live life in the fast lane with a healthy dose of family competition at Timezone, with nationwide special deals these school holidays. You can load up on the action by either getting $75 game play credit when you load $50, or getting $110 game play credit when you load $70.
2020 Aussie World Bulls and Broncs Rodeo
- From 3pm, September 19
- Aussie World, Palmview
- Cost: From $10
- Bringing you some of Australia’s best competitors from across the country, get ready for a fun night out the whole family will enjoy. Rodeo stars of the future are bound to have you cheering for joy. Saturday’s event is now sold out, but organisers have added a separate event on the October 4 long weekend.
Rock The Ages ‘80s glam rock tribute
- From 6.30pm, September 19
- Whispers Cocktail Bar and Lounge, Bulcock St, Caloundra
- Cost: From $11.64
- Legends of 1980s glam rock, Rock The Ages, are back on the Sunshine Coast for this 18-plus event. The exciting, colourful and humorous show features all the greatest rock anthems from this era and is the ultimate tribute to a golden period in rock history. Tickets have sold out as there is a 100-person limit.
Seed Savers meeting at Cooroy
- From 9am, September 20
- 26 Emerald St, Cooroy
- Seed Savers meetings help to share information and experiences about growing your own food and becoming more self-sufficient. Hosted by Permaculture Noosa and Cooroy Community Permaculture Gardens, the group meets at Cooroy Community Gardens.
Ayurvedic living and wisdom workshop
- From 1pm, September 20
- The House of Beauty Tofu, Roderick Ave, Moffat Beach
- Cost: $25 per person
- Join Hannah, an Ayurvedic health counsellor and bodywork therapist, for an afternoon of connection. The two-hour workshop will give you some understanding on the vast knowledge of Ayurveda and leave you feeling like you can understand yourself and the world a little more.
Artistic skating show spectacular
- From 5pm, September 20
- Caloundra Rollerdrome
- Cost: $16.91
- Come and join the fun and check out some talented skaters show off their routines. The event will be followed by a one-hour fun skate.
Jazz in the forest at Spicers Tamarind Retreat
- From midday, September 20
- Spicers Tamarind Retreat, Maleny
- Bookings recommended – call 1300 311 429
- Come along on the first and third Sunday of every month and listen to the smooth sounds of jazz in the rainforest surrounded Spicers Tamarind Retreat. Dine on a Sunday lunch and taken in the tranquil sounds of the jazz band from midday-3pm.